The Governing Board meets annually to provide strategic leadership, stewardship, and continuity between Congresses.
- to take in the time between Congresses all measures deemed by it necessary to attain INTOSAI’s aims, including, in particular, performance of the tasks assigned to the Governing Board by the Congress. All decisions and resolutions presented to Congress have to be presented to Governing Board first.
- to revise and approve the INTOSAI Statutes and the INTOSAI Strategic Plan prior to endorsement by the Congress; and monitor the implementation of strategic plan;
- to approve the Terms of Reference, and leadership of the INTOSAI Goal Committees;
- to determine whether the qualifications of the Supreme Audit Institutions or institutions (in case of application for Associate Membership or affiliate membership) wishing to join INTOSAI meet admission requirements and to decide on their admission;
- to recognize Regional Organizations;
- to establish committees and appoint their chairs;
- to approve the triennial budget, including any recommendations for the adjustment of membership dues;
- to approve the annual budgets, also in consideration of the implementation of the Strategic Plan of INTOSAI;
- to review and approve the annual report of the General Secretariat described in Article 6, paragraph 1 (f) of the INTOSAI Statutes and to submit it together with its own comments to the Congress for endorsement;
- to recommend the Supreme Audit Institutions responsible for hosting the International Journal of Government Auditing and the INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI) for six-year renewable terms to the Congress.
|1||Chairman||Harib Saeed Al Amimi||United Arab Emirates|
|2||First Vice-Chairman||Alexey Kudrin||Russian Federation|
|3||Second Vice-Chairman||Hussam Alangari||Saudi Arabia|
|4||Secretary General||Margit Kraker||Austria|
|5||Member||Oscar Santiago Lamberto||Argentina|
|7||Member||José Múcio Monteiro Filho||Brazil|
|15||Member||Nelson Shack Yalta||Peru|
|17||Member||Vítor Manuel da Silva Caldeira||Portugal|
|18||Member||Fuimaono Camillo Afele||Samoa|
|19||Member||Kimi Makwetu||South Africa|
|20||Member||Gene L. Dodaro||United States of America|